Some quick facts about 2002:
• Nickelback’s "How You Remind Me" is No.1 on Billboard's Year-End Hot 100 singles.
• Other big songs that year included, Ashanti’s "Foolish", Nelly’s "Hot in Herre" and "Dilemma", The Calling’s “Wherever You Will Go" and Avril Lavigne’s "Complicated.”
• Eminem’s The Eminem Show is the biggest selling album of the year.
• Justin Timberlake, 30 Seconds to Mars, Norah Jones, N.E.R.D., Cee-Lo Green and Avril Lavigne, release their debut albums.
• The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is the highest grossing film of the year.
• Other big films released that year include: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Spider-Man, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Ice Age and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
• The Osbournes, The Shield, Made, The Nick Cannon Show, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Crank Yankers, 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter andKim Possible, were among the television shows that premiered.
• Jackass, Daria, The X-Files, Roswell, The Amanda Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show and Ally McBeal, all ended their series run.
• TLC’s Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes dies in a car accident in Honduras.
• Fergie joins The Black Eyed Peas during the recording of their album Elephunk.
• Michael Jackson stages a public protest in NYC against Sony Music chairman Tommy Mottola, calling him “the devil.”
• The first Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is held in Tennessee. Performers include that year include, Jack Johnson, Widespread Panic, Gov't Mule and Norah Jones.