On-Air Host - WFLZ Night Show - Tampa, FL
With 243 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media & Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media & Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
If you are considered the most "normal" in your group of friends, this job isn't for you. If therapists would consider you "well adjusted," don't apply. If you've never lived through drama in a relationship, you could be wasting your time reading this. If you enjoy coloring between lines, were awarded most likely to succeed or graduated magna cum anything, then you'll be way over qualified. If you are a liner jock and your "show prep" routine includes topics from a message board, our competition has an opening, your chances are better there. If you send audio of "topics of the night," clearly faked bits, staged calls, etc... you will not get the gig.
If you have that old-school, set the world on fire, nobody is going to hold me back, I'LL DO IT LIVE, every break matters mentality... If you can build fans and entertain them 24/7/365 on-air and through social media... 93.3 FLZ has a night show opening you should apply for. This is a job for a personality. An on-air rebel, maybe even a misfit. This is a job where creativity thrives, where a little bit of crazy is not necessarily bad. This is a team where only the best is accepted – we want people like you to join us!
Email your package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, Clear Channel Communications, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws.
· Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
· Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience
· Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
· Must be current with relevant daily material
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
· Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
· Maintain a website personality page. Must be kept up-to-date with relevant material that is appropriate for the given station.
· Search out and share all possible web content with the Program Director and Online Content Director of the given station.
· Participate in regular listening/aircheck sessions for critique with the Program Director.
· Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
· Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events
· Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
· Be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
· Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non paid, spots required to run on the station.
· Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public.
· Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
· Three years of on-air radio experience required, excellent verbal and communication skills, outstanding ability to relate and communicate with target audience, positive attitude both on and off the air
· Familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
· Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
· Applicants must possess a strong work ethic, be well-read, punctual, and be a team player with a cooperative attitude
· Applicant must be engaging on the air
· Applicant must provide compelling content on the air.
· Valid driver's license.
· Be able to drive a van.
· Ability to work weekends.
***PLEASE ATTACH YOUR AIRCHECK IN MP3 FILE FORMAT***
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
TAMPA, Florida, United States